Thursday, January 27, 2011

January 27, 2011

Just hanging out.

Helping daddy with chess.

During your nap today you rolled over in the swaddle.
No more swaddling for you, big boy!

You also went to the Elfant-Rae baby naming ceremony today.
Afterward daddy brought you to Fairgrove to see me. All the kids loved you!

UPDATE BY DAD:

Today was an important day for you, Asher. We went to the naming ceremony for Orion and Eden Elfant-Rea in Shell Beach today. You wore your kippah from your bris. I wouldn't let you wear that to anything else. You'll probably be almost my age before you feel the way I do about these life-cycle events. I thought weddings, christenings, brises, bar mitzvahs, first communions, and so forth were boring stuffy parties when I was younger. (I still hate funerals, but they are important too. So is honoring the deceased through observances.) But you realize these are the chapter-heads of our lives. Not all of the wisdom passed down over the centuries is wisdom, but a lot of it is. This stuff is.

There were about 5 babies there. You were the biggest ones. The other ones were just weeks old and they were there with their mommies. Orion is a bit older, more like Blake Schafer's age. His dad stays home with him, too. Rabbi Corngold was there.

Don't get mad at me, but I told Mikayla's mom that you were seeing other chicks today. Eden kinda looks a bit like Mikayla though. Did you think it was her?



No comments: